By Justin Lin
Jack Abrahamson is a freshman at Summit Denali High School. As a teenager, he’s considered to be a heavy user of social media, saying he uses 5 hours of it everyday. He explains how social media has been both good and bad for him, and his thoughts on its overall impact to society.
- How often do you use social media?
“5 hours a day,” Abrahamson said.
2. What kind of social media do you use and why?
“Instagram, to see what friends are doing and how they’re doing,” Abrahamson said. “Snapchat mostly just for streaks, and Tik Tok when I’m bored.”
3. How has social media benefited you?
“It helps to see what friends are doing and how they’re doing,” Abrahamson said. “And helps you stay close with friends even when you’re not with them.”
4. How has social media been a disadvantage to you?
“It can be distracting, like when you’re trying to focus on something and you get a notification,” Abrahamson explained. “Then you get distracted and off task.”
5. How do you feel about social media?
“Good. I like it,” Abrahamson stated.
6. How do you think social media has affected your family, friends, and society as a whole?
“It makes people a lot more attached to their phones,” Abrahamson described. “But I think it also brings a lot of mutual friends together. New friends can be made.”
7. Do you think there should be a change in social media? Why or why not?
“No, it’s fine the way it is,” Abrahamson stated.
8. Do you plan on continuing with your habits of using social media? Why or why not?
“Yes, because I think it’s a good way to keep up with everything,” Abrahamson said. “And it’s part of most people’s daily lives.
PHOTO CREDIT: Featured image – Tracy Le Blanc
Related: Social media has changed the lives of modern society
Be First to Comment