By Jacob Kahn-Samuelson
Han Dinh is a sophomore at Summit Tahoma who is currently in Modern Acting. Last year, she did Intro to Drama. She is looking forward to this year’s Expeditions course.
- What caused you to choose drama as your Expeditions course?
“I was in Intro to Drama last year, and I really enjoyed it,” Dinh said. “And ever since I was younger I really enjoyed acting; and I am a really expressive person; and I thought this was very nice; and they chose me to do it.
2. What do you do during the class itself?
Dinh said, “We have been doing monologues. And we had to audition to get into the class. We also have been doing warmups and been doing things like tongue twisters to get clear pronunciation.”
3. What were your expectations of what you would do? Have your expectations been met so far?
“To be honest, I didn’t expect it to go as fast a pace,” Dinh said. “There is a lot of doing instead writing.”
4. What have you learned so far in the drama Expeditions course?
“I have learned to clearly enunciate words and have seen lots of other people’s techniques for acting,” Dinh said.
5. What do you think could be improved in the drama Expeditions course
Dinh said, “I don’t know. Nothing comes to mind.”
6. What do you think is going well in the course?
“A lot of things – it’s very nice performing and seeing other people perform,” Dinh said.
7. Once you complete the class, do you plan on taking the more advanced class for Expeditions next year?
“I don’t think so. I would like to do other things besides drama,” Dinh said.
8. Are there any plays in particular you want to do? If yes, why do you want to do them?
Dinh said. “I don’t know; I don’t know many plays. But it would be nice to do a Disney play because I really like Disney.”
9. Do you have a favorite character you want to play? Why or why not?
“I want to play a character who I think is similar to me,” Dinh said.
10. Do you want to become an actress or do anything in show business when you are older? Why or why not?
“I don’t know it’s an option,” Dinh said. “It would be interesting, but it is a very difficult business – but it is definitely an option.”