By Ryan Caal
Summit Prep senior Jose Gutierrez-Hernandez is taking the Intro to Visual Arts Expeditions course this year. He enjoys music and photography, and he is inspired by how versatile and creative art is.
- What do you think of when you hear the word art?
“I think of creativity.”
- Do you believe you’re an artist, and why?
“No, not really, because I’m not that great at it.”
- Does it inspire you in any way in life?
“Sometimes. When I was a kid, coloring really cheered me up when I was in a bad mood.”
- Do you like art? Why?
“Yes, because of its creative set.”
- What do you compare art to?
“Music and imagination.”
- What are two artists you like?
“Bob Ross and Slim Thug.”
- Name something you love related to art.
“Pictures and music.”
- What do you dislike about art?
“I don’t like criticism.”
- What songs do you like to listen to?
“Heavy metal and EDM.”
- What message do you think it’s sending?
“To be creative.”